Friday, September 26, 2008

LEGOS!


In class we had the wonderful opportunity to play with one of my most missed aspects of childhood-Legos! Legos are always fun to play with but we were also able to use them in a productive way. We used the Legos to pretend we were teaching different concepts or ideas to imaginary children at different stages in development. We applied Piaget's concepts to this experience. I enjoyed this experience, not only because we were able to play with legos but because it forced us to think creatively in order to teach or explain a concept. Unfortunately for me, being a high school bio teacher, I will not be able to simply "play" with legos as often as would a kindergarten tecaher. However, there still may be ways in which I could use legos or other more hands-on and atypical methods of teaching or learning both in and outside of the classroom.

2 comments:

Educational Psychology said...

After playing with the legos, it really made me think about how I would be able to use them in my classes also

Dustin Noble said...

I thought using the legos was a very creative way of trying to exlain certain concepts, and you're an awesome lego builder, ha.